Saturday, March 7, 2009

Lost in This Moment - The Coming Groom & The Bride Preparing

Photobucket

Happy Saturday, Ya'll! I pray that you are hearing God in the Whispers of your life!

Last weekend at our local Unity Outreach Women's Conference, one of the illustrations I used for the desire of the Groom (Jesus) for His Bride (The Church) and his continued preparations for us, as well as His desire that we be impacted by His Word, was a song by Big and Rich called "Lost in This Moment". I didn't have any luck finding the authentic song and video by Big and Rich in a format that I could embed it here for your viewing (sadly), but I DID find one I could link to right here. If you listen to the song thinking of the Groom as Christ, singing to His Bride - The Church, it really impacts you. It makes you think how very precious His Church is to Him, and how MUCH He has done and is doing in preparation. The line that most got me (there were several of course) was where The Groom tells of seeing His Bride's eyes tear up from His Words to her! I thought "My goodness!". When was the last time I was so touched, so pierced by His Words to me? I LOVE His Word. It thrills me. Not often does it move me to tears though. Not. At. All.

It made me consider also the preparations we perform for weddings, and rightly so. But, how much more should we be sure to let His Word work inside of us so that we might be prepared? As Ephesians 5 says He prepares the Bride this way - "So that He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the Word," Ephesians 5:26.

It really is a pretty song. Even if you have heard it before, I encourage you to listen to it with new ears today! Click here if you like!

"I will worship toward Your holy temple and praise Your name for Your loving-kindness and for Your truth and faithfulness; for You have exalted above all else Your name and Your word AND You have magnified Your word above all Your name!" Psalm 138:2 Amplified.


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Magnified His Word above all Your name...I remember that hit me one time before...His name is so Holy and He has magnified it, but He has magnified His Word above all of that...and Jesus is the Word made flesh! So awesome! Good stuff sister! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny, I wrote my Sunday post before reading your Saturday post. And we were thinking the same thought of being a bride.

    Lovely,

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the song....not a country music fan so I had not really heard this song all the way through...it would make a great song for a Christian singer to sing.
    Today my study in Esther Beth talk about the fact that we are the princess, royalty. And the fact that there are things waiting for us that we can not even imagine. One day that reality will be make site. And so we should basically remind ourselves who we are. We are a royal princess waiting for our first glimpse of our groom. We have a destiny that is going to blow our mind.
    My heart is very tender toward that groom right now...and yet there have not been tears in awhile. I wonder when the last time the words of love from my lips brought tears to His eyes?
    Good post.....you were right it was for me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, and REALLY thanks for leaving a comment here in the Squawk Box! I love to hear your thoughts! May God speak softly to you today!

Photobucket